Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Mom Told Me

I wanted to turn it down a notch.
Give my creativity a shot.
Just express life even if it isn’t mine.
To paint a pretty picture I’d have to lie in every line.
And I don’t mind that I’d do it for the art,
I’d do it for peace just to play my part.
I’d forget all I ever knew that’s unfair.
Forget that I cried so much that I ran out of tears.
I’d forget the failures and the let downs.
Just to make genuine smiles out of these harsh frowns.
So much pain my life has known,
Following me from childhood days until now when I’m grown
Peers dying in their teens, with nothing in between,
The day they were born and the last day they seen.
I wanted to turn it down a notch ,
but my mom said I better not.
You better keep it real that’s tell the truth.
We don’t need water burn off the roof!!!
They did it to the M.O.V.E. MEMBERS ,they’ll do it to you.
They locked up your brothers, cousins, and friends too.
Turned your fathers and uncles out on drugs.
Then raised you in the street with thugs.
Tell them that don’t cut your feelings off.
Whatever you do don’t go soft!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know if you agree/disagree. If you like or don't like. If you just want me to read your work.

battlerapwebcag

Nice to meet you

I've seen a lot in 33 years on Earth. I'm in my second marriage,the father of 6 and the grandfather of 2. I'll share what i know and I'll learn from others. Feel free to read any of my poems, short stories, or articles on urban life.