Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Just Warming Up

I'm just warming up.
I can keep on writing.
Like the middle east gonna keep on fighting.
As long as urban hoods battle poverty,
that might lead to bank robbery.
As long as the poor will be under educated.
As long as being born black, mean being hated.
the world will never be color blind.
but even worse we're hated by by our own kind.
I can keep writing,
as long as politics is sure to be crooked
and, if a vote is stolen the republicans took it.
I can keep writing as long as the sky is blue.
as long as the picture of Jesus is a white Jew.
I can keep writing poems and articles that ring more true.
As long as i pray to a God in heaven.
I'll pray my writing feed my sisters and brethren.
I can keep writing maybe not to your liking.
I'm Housing Project bred and raised like a Viking.
or sent out early on my own like a Spartan.
I can keep writing, I'm just starting.
Providing literature that draws you in and enlighten.
That's why I'm writing.
To share knowledge and spread horizons.
Try to explain there's more to life than dying.
More than having our mom or wife crying.
How about making them proud, buying them home no one can seize.
They tired of seeing their man on his knees, facing arrest.
I write, 'cause when i do, I'm at my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know if you agree/disagree. If you like or don't like. If you just want me to read your work.

battlerapwebcag

Nice to meet you

I've seen a lot in 33 years on Earth. I'm in my second marriage,the father of 6 and the grandfather of 2. I'll share what i know and I'll learn from others. Feel free to read any of my poems, short stories, or articles on urban life.