Sunday, March 22, 2009

Boy To Man

I came into this thing, a young minded screw-up.
Through time, feelings, and responsibilities I grew up.
We survived rumors and lies, nothing broke us up nothing broke our stride.
Us against the world man and women side by side.
No shame, no game, and no joking.
We laying grounds setting bounds this bind can't be broken.
This is heavier than a crush and deeper than love.
Because of you I stand up plus we fit tight like gloves.
Not just sexual,not just intellectual,.
I know I'm blessed by the best when I'm next to you.
You made me a Husband, you made me a dad.
You make me whole, you make me glad.
Glad just to know you.
This poem is a monument of the love I owe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know if you agree/disagree. If you like or don't like. If you just want me to read your work.

battlerapwebcag

Nice to meet you

I've seen a lot in 33 years on Earth. I'm in my second marriage,the father of 6 and the grandfather of 2. I'll share what i know and I'll learn from others. Feel free to read any of my poems, short stories, or articles on urban life.